VMware Communities
olafwagner
Contributor
Contributor

Microsoft Sharedview - Screen Sharing Problem with 3D Graphics Enabled in Win7

Hi,

Is anyone else out there using Microsoft Sharedview? I recently setup a new Windows 7 (Ultimate) (x86) VM, and if I enable '3D Graphics' in order to get Aero, then screen sharing doesn't work with SharedView (all the other participants, as well as my preview screen is blank).

If I shutdown the VM, disable 3D graphics, and boot up again, then Sharedview works perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
olafwagner
Contributor
Contributor

To add to this, I upgraded to v3.1 this morning (from v3.0.2) hoping that the problem would go away, but it is still there.

0 Kudos
suleyman
Contributor
Contributor

I think this may not be a 3D enabled issue only. I have 3D disabled on Windows 2008 Server and I get a blank screen when I connect to the VM.

Here is my test:

Machine "A" has Fusion running and hosts VM B.

From machine C, I connect to B (using port 5904) and see a blank screen (all white).

Then at the same time I connect from machine C to the host A (port 5900). I see that VM B is happy and working fine. Furhermore, when I move my mouse inside the blank window and click on things, I see that all that info gets transmitted to the VM fine; I just can't see it (it is all blank remember) but I see it all on the screen sharing with the host.

Complicated enough!?

0 Kudos
TallTomD
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem as the original poster. Is there a solution for this behavior? I'd like to be able to use SharedView to share my virtual desktops with colleagues.

I've installed SharedView on 2 Windows 7 VM's and they both display black screens to remote viewers.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

0 Kudos
TallTomD
Contributor
Contributor

Just like the original poster, I've found that my only solution is to disable Aero / 3D effects in the VM and then I can run screen sharing software.

0 Kudos