VMware Communities
cluksha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Microsoft IntelliMouse

I am trying ot get my mouse buttons ALL to work. It seems that the vm drivers work fine for 3 out of 5 buttons - but not the other two. I really like having the back and forward buttons working when I am in my browser - but they do function correctly using the built in VM drivers.

Is there a way to tell Windows to skip using the VM drivers and use the installed MS drivers - or tell VM Fusion (1.1.1) to use the installed MS intellimouse drivers?

I haven't been able to find anything in the forums or docs etc. by searching for Microsoft mouse.

Thanks all. So far I am liking this product much more than I did Parallels.

Chris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The guest doesn't see your actual mouse, but rather an emulated one, so it does not make sense to use Intellimouse drivers (unless you pass the mouse directly through to the guest, but this isn't recommended since getting control back out of the virtual machine will no longer be smooth). We currently emulate a 2-button-plus-scrollwheel PS/2 mouse, so you can't use the extra buttons.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The guest doesn't see your actual mouse, but rather an emulated one, so it does not make sense to use Intellimouse drivers (unless you pass the mouse directly through to the guest, but this isn't recommended since getting control back out of the virtual machine will no longer be smooth). We currently emulate a 2-button-plus-scrollwheel PS/2 mouse, so you can't use the extra buttons.

0 Kudos
cluksha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yuck! But oh well I guess I just have to live with it then. Any chances a 5 button mouse will be supported anytime soon?

Thanks.

Chris

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Sorry, I can't say. VMware policy is to not comment on unannounced features, products, timelines, etc.

0 Kudos
cluksha
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wow- that seems a rather unfriendly policy for sure. Even the smallest of companies tell you when they are at least considering things. Even if they can't say when. Oh well I guess. At least te program works right Smiley Happy

No complaints - just amazement.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Wow- that seems a rather unfriendly policy for sure.

I know. I don't like it, but apparently our lawyers are conservative and paranoid Smiley Sad

0 Kudos