VMware Communities
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

Microphone NOT working in Msn Messenger 8

Hello everyone,

I use MSN messenger alot on my mac using fusion to do video conference with my relatives across the globe. My isight camera seems to work very good, however I can hear them, but they cannot hear me. When i talk to them, they hear huge noises. Can someone please tell me how would i fix this, as it is very important to me?

The sound is connected in VmWare Fusion and when i record sound in xp, i can hear it fine. However, it wont work on msn messenger.

Someone help me please,

Thanks

0 Kudos
28 Replies
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

come on can someone help me please...PLEASE

Thanks,

Eagle101

0 Kudos
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

Bump...Help still needed...Thanks

0 Kudos
wqps
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem...

0 Kudos
BP9906
Expert
Expert

I wonder what VM OS you're using and what type of Mac you have and if you've checked the VM recording volume and verified that the appropriate sound driver has been installed in the VM OS.

That would be useful for troubleshooting purposes.

0 Kudos
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

I am on Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz 2Gb Mac OS X 10.4.9. I did check the VM recording volume and sound driver and everything seems fine. I even recorded sound with the Windows XP voice recorder and it works fine. However, when I open Msn Messenger 8, when i start video conference, i can hear them and see them fine, but they cannot hear me.

Someone please help me, this is very important to my work and laptop.

Thanks,

-Eagle101

0 Kudos
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

bump...someone please help me..I really need to get my microphone working in Msn Messenger 8 as I really do alot of video conferencing...Thanks

0 Kudos
BP9906
Expert
Expert

Have you tried using Sound Recorder in XP to test your Mic? That'll help narrow it down to an OS issue vs MSN Messenger issue.

Also have you considered trying a different app? Like Adium (OSX)?

0 Kudos
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

Microphone works fine when I use Sound Recorder in XP, however it will not work when i use it on Msn Messenger 8. Also, Adium (OSX) does not support video conferencing therefore I cannot test the microphone in there.

Please Help Me...

Thanks

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I don't have an answer but have started raised the issue internally.

0 Kudos
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

Please please someone help me...

Help me get the microphone working on Msn Messenger 8. The isight camera works fine, but not the microphone. Help

Thanks,

Eagle101

0 Kudos
eagle101
Contributor
Contributor

OK. The problem has been solved. My microphone works beautifully with Msn Live Messenger and now i can fully do video conference using Live Messenger.

Solution: Switched to the new release of Parallels that got released on Tuesday, 11th of September.

Thanks alot for all your support. So long VmWare!!!

-Eagle101

0 Kudos
wqps
Contributor
Contributor

So the Eagle flew away... but I am still having this problem. I am running on a iMac Core due 1,8Ghz, MAC OS X 10.4.9, 1GB RAM, Vmware Fusion with Wondows XP Professional edition SP2 with MSN Messenger 8. The iSight is fine, but the audio is garbled. I am not planning on migrating to Parallels as I think Fusion has a lot more to offer.

I saw that etung raised this internally within Vmware a few weeks back - any fix yet?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I saw that etung raised this internally within Vmware

a few weeks back - any fix yet?

I haven't heard a reply, though some of that may be VMworld draining resources.

0 Kudos
walterwatts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello everyone,

I use MSN messenger alot on my mac using fusion to do

video conference with my relatives across the globe.

My isight camera seems to work very good, however I

can hear them, but they cannot hear me. When i talk

to them, they hear huge noises. Can someone please

tell me how would i fix this, as it is very important

to me?

The sound is connected in VmWare Fusion and when i

record sound in xp, i can hear it fine. However, it

wont work on msn messenger.

Someone help me please,

Thanks

eagle101, I believe I can help you here. It's pretty simple actually...just attach the black wire to the back legs of the hamster, make sure that the battery attached to the goat is ni-cad and fully charged, and then climb up the step ladder and throw the cat as close as you can to a 40 degree angle, but make sure it's able to land on its feet - otherwise the mayonnaise covering its tail will splatter...which will probably scare the vietnamese child. if he moves more than a few inches, he'll be out of sync with the beat on the Yanni CD which will result in a poorly timed execution of his spanking the puppy...which means that the dog wont arrive at the ignition point for the prism and the laser....resulting in a possible misfire of the neutral gas cannister. if this happens, drop the gasoline and the oreo cookie and get the hell out of there for at least 20 minutes(for the goat to run out of battery power) then you should be alright to try it again. let me know how it goes.

Walter

0 Kudos
wqps
Contributor
Contributor

VMWorld draining resources huh? hmm, not an excuse I would choose to use on a public bulletin forum, it would seem to indicate lack of planning and support for your customers...

So back to the problem, is this being tracked in Vmware as an open issue? If so there should be some update by now... even if it is just "we have recreated the problem in our labs".

Thanks, and still a loyal customer.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It's not clear how much you know about VMworld and how important it is, but I think it's a pretty good excuse. Either way, it's over, so...

As I said on 8/31, this is being tracked internally. Depending on how the developers classified the bug (criticality/impact/etc.) and how busy they are with other things, it may not have gotten looked at yet (or possibly it got missed, or I misfiled it).

0 Kudos
saltheart
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same problem. Oddly enough, the mic works great when they call me, but if I call them it sounds like a bunch of garble ("sounds like I'm chanting"). I'm running Windows XP on VMware fusion 1.0 on a MacBook Pro.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Svensson
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I have the same problem on a MacBookPro running WindowsXP SP2 using the latest VMwareBeta 1.1b1, (didnt work in earlier releases either..)

Cant get any input-devices to work propery. No internal mic, no external mic. Like other described, input sound is just garble...

Wont work in any app within XP, you actually get input but it seems delayed and all messed up.

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Kudos
wqps
Contributor
Contributor

Hi etung,

2 more people on this thread are now experiencing the same problem, even with the latest 1.1 beta. Since you raised this issue internally on 8/31 can you give us an update on how the developers have classifiend this bug or if it got misfiled etc.

Thanks,

btw, I do know how important Vmworld is, but I still don't think this is a good reason and there is never a good excuse...

0 Kudos