VMware Communities
barrett092
Contributor
Contributor

Medal of Honor Airborne

A VMware Noob here with a question regarding a game I just purchased.

I installed the game and everytime I try to play it right at the beginning it says that it does not support the Video Card I have.

I have the brand new MacBook Pro at 2.8 ghz running right now with Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT.

Have I done something wrong?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

VMWare virtual machines are always presented with a SVGA II video card. The virtual machine does not communicate directly with your actual physical video card. See for a more info. (About 3/4 way down, the section on virtual hardware.)

That said, usually you have to install VMWare Tools and enable 3D acceleration in the virtual machine setting in order for the game to work.

0 Kudos
barrett092
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I did install VMWare Tools.

And yes 3D Acceleration is enabled.

Actually the 3D Acceleration box can't even be disabled its grayed out.

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

...Actually the 3D Acceleration box can't even be disabled its grayed out.I believe you can only change the setting if the guest is powered off (not suspended.)

If the game still does not work, you may be out of luck. Perhaps you can get your money back. Or you'll have to install it in Boot Camp.

You may also want to take a look at to see if any of the comments could help you.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

One thing to check is if you can run dxdiag - if not, something's wrong with your setup. Also, are you using Fusion 2.0?

0 Kudos
barrett092
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I'm using 2.0 but I've also found out that a lot of people have had issues with airborne.

Apparently it doesn't support a lot of video cards yet I do have the latest 9600gt so I'm lost here.

0 Kudos
asatoran
Immortal
Immortal

...I do have the latest 9600gt so I'm lost here.

As stated in the FAQ I linked to earlier, your virtual machine is always presented with a SVGA II video card. The virtual machine does not communicate direcly with they actual video card. (IOW, you're not viewing Airborne on a 9600. You're viewing a SGVA II video card.)

0 Kudos
barrett092
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that.

So airbrone won't work.

I was looking at that page you sent of the games that work and don't work on Fusion.

Are there any games (from this era) that are 100% definitely playable?

0 Kudos