VMware Communities
Weblogin123
Contributor
Contributor

MacOS Mojave Fusion 11 Pro - [vmmon 360.0 kernel got 329.0 - reinstall VMware Fusion]

Hi,

I upgraded from Fusion 10 to Fusion Pro 11 today.

I followed the prompts to upgrade using serial number entry. I also tried to uninstall Fusion and reinstalll as well as using a cleaner program but to no avail once the initial entry method failed.

Each time I was greeted with - Version mismatch with common module: expecting 360.0, got 329.0. [You have an incorrect version of the 'vmmon' kernel module. Try reinstalling VMware Fushion]

Screen Shot 2018-12-12 at 2.38.09 pm.png

This has happened for a previous and fresh install of both Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and Kali Linux VMware build 2017.3.

VMware team do you have suggestions to rectify this issue I am having.

Regards,

Weblogin123

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Weblogin123
Contributor
Contributor

I found that by accessing the settings area on MacOS and allowing VMWare to access system resources and then updating to the latest MacOS release I was able to install both fresh images.

Both installed without issue including Windows 10 Pro and Kali Linux 64 Bit build 2018.4

Regards,

Weblogin123

0 Kudos
lzfantasy13
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

You can try it:

1.Exit VMware fusion;

2.Open the terminal;

3.Execute the command:

sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/vmmon.kext

4.Execute the command:

sudo cp -pR /Applications/VMware\ Fusion.app/Contents/Library/kexts/vmmon.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

5.Execute the command:

sudo kextutil /System/Library/Extensions/vmmon.kext

6.Exit termina fusion and open VMware

If an error occurs while performing step 5, try executing the following command first

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/vmmon.kext

0 Kudos