VMware Communities
emmtre
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MacBook Pro Retina display bug?

I don't know how to submit a bug report so I post the problem here. You can't move the mouse outside the VM window and the mouse movement is extremly slow and erratic when you enable full resolution for retina display and set the size of text and other items to 200% in the control panel for Windows 7. Everything is working as it should with 150% but as soon as you change to 200% (which is a must working on a MacBook Pro with retina display) the problem starts immediately. I have a MacBook Pro with retina display with Mac OS X 10.8.1 and Fusion 5.0.1 and Windows 7 with SP1. Anyone else noticed this annoying problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mm201
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Turn off cursor shadow. On 192DPI, cursor shadow forces the cursor to software rendering, which seems to really throw off Fusion's mouse acceleration curve.

For some generally less crappy cursors, please have a look at:

http://kaizoworld.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-High-DPI-324612252

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mm201
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Turn off cursor shadow. On 192DPI, cursor shadow forces the cursor to software rendering, which seems to really throw off Fusion's mouse acceleration curve.

For some generally less crappy cursors, please have a look at:

http://kaizoworld.deviantart.com/art/Windows-7-High-DPI-324612252

0 Kudos
emmtre
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Many thanx, disable the cursor shadow did the trick. I tried the HiDPI cursors but they are very small (50%) when I enable full resolution for retina display and set the size of text and other items to 200%.

0 Kudos
mm201
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That's very strange since I made and tested them on vmware. Where are you saving the cursors to? If they're inside your user profile, they will revert when you log off and back on. You should save them to the Windows\Cursors folder.

0 Kudos