VMware Communities
SMQ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.5 seems to have created a printing problem w/ bonjor on VMWare Fusion 1.1.1

I'm not sure of the timing but I noticed that I haven't been able to print in Windows XP since the update (yesterday AM)... Anyone else having a similar problem??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm not sure of the timing but I noticed that I haven't been able to print in Windows XP since the update (yesterday AM)... Anyone else having a similar problem??

Printers can be installed in a Windows Virtual Machine without Bonjour for Windows so if the EFI Firmware Update 1.5 did cause a problem, which I doubt it did, then uninstall Bonjour for Windows and install the Printer properly without it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Printers can be installed in a Windows Virtual Machine without Bonjour for Windows so if the EFI Firmware Update 1.5 did cause a problem, which I doubt it did, then uninstall Bonjour for Windows and install the Printer properly without it.

0 Kudos
SMQ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had the network setting set to NAT vs Bridged... When I switched to Bridged the problem went away... Duh

You can trash this string...

0 Kudos