VMware Communities
harry_at_work
Contributor
Contributor

Mac commands, e.g. command tab, not working when VW is suspended!?

Hi there,

somehow ran into an annoying problem with Fusion 2.0. When a VM is suspended all the standard Mac keyboard shortcuts no longer function!? In Fusion's mouse & keyboard preferences none of the key mappings or Mac OS keyboard shortcuts are enabled (I don't want the VM to treat them as Mac shortcuts when in the VM guest OS context). However, I'd expect Fusion not to interfere with standard keyboard shortcut handling, e.g. when Fusion is hidden or the VM is suspended.

What's going on here?

Cheerio, Harry.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
harry_at_work
Contributor
Contributor

VM not VW of course Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

You do not need to reply to your own post to correct something as you can edit your own posts and or replies.

The post that starts the thread is different then the replies and is not as obvious as the editing a reply post.

For the opening post in a thread the author can edit it by clicking on Edit thread under Actions in the upper right hand corner of the web page.

Or anyone can edit their reply to a post in a thread by clicking on the Edit link in lower right corner of the reply itself.

Note: One must be logged in to make the edits.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There's a known bug where in some cases Mac shortcuts don't properly get re-enabled after shutting down the virtual machine - I don't know if this could also affect a suspended virtual machine, but maybe. If it's the same bug, a workaround is to enable Mac OS shortcuts (which you don't want to do) or make sure you're ungrabbed when suspending.

0 Kudos