VMware Communities
mtolmen
Contributor
Contributor

Mac can't connect to internet

hi,

i just did the update of vmware fusion. my mac won't connect now to the internet. i discovered this after not being able to open quickbooks files. any thoughts?

thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

i just did the update of vmware fusion.

What version of Fusion were you using and what version did you upgrade to?

my mac won't connect now to the internet.

So it is OS X the Host that cannot connect to the Internet or is it a Virtual Machine that can't connect and if the latter what OS is the Guest running?

i discovered this after not being able to open quickbooks files.

Is this QuickBooks under OS X or QuickBooks running in a Virtual Machine and what version of QuickBooks?

any thoughts?

Yes, you need to be a bit more explicit and specific so have a look at as a guideline as to the type of information you should include.

While it's easy to assume you are having problems connecting from the Virtual Machine you really haven't stated that and based on the subject line it reads like it's OS X that can't connect.

Also you haven't said what you've tried and also have a look at and archive and attache the vmware.log files (usually 4 of them) for the target Virtual Machine so we have some technical information to process.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Also something you can try before doing anything else is to reboot the Mac and ensure you have Internet/Network Connectivity under OS X after the reboot and then try from the Virtual Machine having rebooted it as well if it was suspended.

0 Kudos