VMware Communities
RexTheHut
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mac SSD disks do not appear on Windows 10 - Alert message

When I start the Windows 10 on VMware Fusion 11.5, I get this warning message -> Cannot connect file "/Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Resources/Tools/prl-tools-win.iso"
When windows is working, I can't access any disks and files on the MAC.
W10 was "imported from a PVM file of a Parallels virtual machine.

Can anyone help me to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Some thoughts

Make sure Parallels tools are uninstalled in your imported VM, and install VMware Tools. 
Check your hard disk and CD settings to make sure they are not pointing to the file that is being referenced. 
What exactly do you mean by “I can’t access any disks or files on the Mac”? (and it’s a Mac, not MAC). Are you saying that you can’t access the folders from your Windows VM? If so, you need VMware Tools installed in the VM and you need to configure folder sharing in your VM’s preferences. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Some thoughts

Make sure Parallels tools are uninstalled in your imported VM, and install VMware Tools. 
Check your hard disk and CD settings to make sure they are not pointing to the file that is being referenced. 
What exactly do you mean by “I can’t access any disks or files on the Mac”? (and it’s a Mac, not MAC). Are you saying that you can’t access the folders from your Windows VM? If so, you need VMware Tools installed in the VM and you need to configure folder sharing in your VM’s preferences. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
RexTheHut
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@Technogeezer , Thanks for the reply. I just uninstalled my old Parallels Desktop and its Tools. After that, I just ran the VMWare tools and finally fixed the problem.
About "I can't access any disks or files on Mac..."
written before, I just couldn't access my OSX disks. There was only the option of the disk "C:" of virtual windows. but now it's already solved.

0 Kudos