VMware Communities
MacNephDoc
Contributor
Contributor

Mac Drivers 1.2: did I just overwrite later drivers?

I have XP Pro installed under VMWare Fusion 2.0 on my Mac Pro (not as a Boot Camp partition). Yesterday, searching for a missing data CD, I inserted one with Fusion not running that the Mac identified as "Mac Drivers." It wasnt' what I was looking for, but it was the last unlabeled CD loose on my desk; I forgot to eject it.

This morning, when I started up XP from within Fusion, the CD mounted and began installing Mac Drivers for Windows from Boot Camp Beta 1.2. The disk and files all have creation dates in the Mac OS of 3/21/2007, and after they installed, a help window opened in the Windows OS identifying itself as from Boot Camp Beta.

Now I'm wondering if I overwrote the latest drivers (I'm running Leopard 10.5.5 with all updates as my native OS) with older ones. How would I find out, and what should I do about it.

Simple things (running IE, performing an ActiveSync with my WM5 device) seem to go without a hitch.

Do I need to go through the drivers installation again with the Leopard DVD? Is there some way I should look at individual Mac Drivers to make certain I still have the current versions installed? Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If you didn't have Boot Camp drivers installed in the VM to begin with then it probably doesn't matter however since the installer ran I would just reinstall the Boot Camp drivers from the Leopard DVD and then it should rectify the situation. Or if you don't need them then uninstall them.

0 Kudos