VMware Communities
pherm
Contributor
Contributor

Lotus Notes client does not minimize to dock (other apps do)

My Lotus Notes client (v7.0.2 admin designer client) does not minimize to the dock. Steps to reproduce:

1. Start VM (xpsp2 fully updated) in single Window mode. The vm was created in beta 4 with easy install.

2. Start notes and other apps and leave them unminimised. I started notepad, lotus notes, windows media player and an accounting app MYOB.

3. Switch to unity.

4. Observe that all windows apps appear in the dock with the exception of lotus notes. I would have expected that it could be docked like the other windows apps.

Notes:

The notes windows client is installed in c:\lotus\notes. It was installed with the normal windows installer.

I also have the 7.0.2 client for mac installed but it is not running or docked.

Notes designer is one of the reasons I need to use windows on my mac. It is a shame Unity can't dock it too.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
macnerd
Contributor
Contributor

For what its worth, Lotus Notes 6.0.1 does show the dock icon when in Unity mode. I'm using XP Pro, easy install via beta 4, just as you did. I'm installed in c:/notes

0 Kudos
pherm
Contributor
Contributor

I'm bumping this post because it is still an issue that remains unresolved for me. In Unity, what would cause an app to not appear in the dock?

0 Kudos
mu3rt3
Contributor
Contributor

My Admin and Designer clients (both 7.0.2) dock, but when I right-click on them, the only option I get is "Open". I don't get the option to "Keep In Dock". The ability to dock them and have their windows work alongside the other Mac OS X windows is a great feature, but I'd really like to be able to keep them docked and launch them directly from the doc...as per the "Using Unity View" topic in the VMware Fusion Help.

Anyone else having similar problems? Is this something that can be duplicated at VMware?

0 Kudos
pherm
Contributor
Contributor

FYI to clarify, my Notes would dock to the right side with an "Open" option but it would not dock to the left side (as per your case). I've logged this as a support request now, SR 189952271. I'll post a resolution here.

0 Kudos
mu3rt3
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye out.

0 Kudos
cshbell
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having this problem with Lotus Notes 7.02 with VMware 1.0 GA (51348) from a WinXP Boot Camp partition on OS X 10.4.10.

0 Kudos
cshbell
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also seeing it with Lotus Notes 8.

0 Kudos
cshbell
Contributor
Contributor

Just upgraded to Fusion 1.1b1 (57919), after which I uninstalled the old VMware Tools, rebooted, installed VMware Tools fresh again, rebooted, and I am still seeing this problem with the Lotus Notes icon not appearing in the dock when the program is running. Still OS X 10.4.10.

0 Kudos