VMware Communities
Reave54
Contributor
Contributor

Lost ability to ungrab mouse when upgraded to V 4.1.0

I should have waited, should have waited.  But I've been having problems losing mouse focus inside the Windows virtual window and having to repeatedly use ctrl-command to regrab the mouse within Windows.  So I jumped at the chance for more stability with the upgrade.  After the upgrade of Fusion and Tools I've lost the ability to ungrab the mouse while in the window.

I use Lion, 10.7.2, Windows 7 fully updated inside the virtual window, and Fusion as noted above.

I can't get to the VMWare header to install Tools under the Virtual Machine spot because I can't get out of the virtual window.  If I try to do it before I open the virtual window then Tools is greyed out.

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Reave54
Contributor
Contributor

No response in 6 days suggests my inquiry was too vague or no answer is easily forthcoming.

I updated to the latest version today (4.1.1) with no resolution of the problem.  I then uninstalled and reinstalled vmware, with no resolution.  I went into the Windows 7 and deleted the 3 HID-compliant mice listed in 'devices and hardware.'  A reboot found them all back in place and my problem unresolved.  I tried disabling them one and multiples at a time, with no results other than losing mouse control until I re-enabled the third one.

I guess I could reinstall Windows . . . . . . . sorry, had a little migraine hit me for a moment.

If that doesn't work, I'll try Parallels.  If that works, I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
Reave54
Contributor
Contributor

Reinstalling Windows (and all the Windows programs) in a new virtual window solved the problem.

Thanks, Reave54, for your suggestions.  They worked.

0 Kudos