VMware Communities
cpat6d
Contributor
Contributor

Loosing Interent Connection

Whenever VM Fusion is idle for a period of time I loose my Internet connection. If I restart Windows I can get the connection back. Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? I am running: Mac OS 10.8.4 VM Fusion 4.1.4 Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network is set at Bridged

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi cpat6d,

Sounds like it might be that your VM goes to sleep and you have a very short DHCP lease.

When you loose your internet connection, can you try to see if the following commands from a DOS box restore the connection?

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Another approach which I find easier and faster that should have similar results to what Wil suggested is instead of going to a Command Prompt simply toggle the state of the virtual network adapter from the VMware Fusion Toolbar Network Adapter icon.  Disconnect Network Adapter/Connect Network Adapter waiting a few seconds in between.  This is only meant as a workaround until the issue can be resolved otherwise.

0 Kudos