VMware Communities
jsqr
Contributor
Contributor

Logitech Control Center in Fusion Beta 1.1 Still Appearing

I recently installed Logitech Wave keyboard and mouse to my iMAC because it's useful to me in both Windows and MAC environments. Before installing Fusion Beta 1.1, I read that the new beta corrected the bug where the Logitech Control Center caps lock notice pops up when moving between VM windows and Fusion window. However, after installing the beta 1.1, and updating tools, I see that the problem of Logitech Control Center popup window continues to appear.

Has anyone else experienced ths issue? Have you solved it? Can you suggest any corrective action I can take?

Any and all help would be appeciated.

Thanks.

jsqr

0 Kudos
9 Replies
kshree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This bug has been already confirmed and discussed elsewhere.

According to tech support, this will be fixed in the final release.

Wes_W_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Having been an one of the ones reporting that this bug was still reappearing, I finally had rebooted last night for some OS X software updates, including an EFI update for the Mac Pro, and upon restart....indeed, the Logitech caps lock indicator no longer appears for no good reason.

The solution would have been obvious to some 'doz users, but Mac users aren't used to rebooting for no good reason...in this case though, a reboot seems necessary.

kshree
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In my case, rebooting did not help at all. I still get the annoying display when I go in and out of VM.

My MacBook Pro is currently up to date with latest OS patches and firmware as well.

0 Kudos
synapco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yep - with this beta I can also confirm this has not been corrected on my system -- using my Logitech Revolution mouse and an S530 keyboard. Will be glad when this is finally corrected.

Other than the LCC issue, everything else has been rock solid from what I can tell. For the last two day I have been using Office 2007 extensively - accessing my files through a mapped port with not a single problem. :smileycool:

0 Kudos
jsqr
Contributor
Contributor

To all who replied:

Thanks for your info - much appreciated. I'll put up with this small annoyance until a later beta or a final release have it under control.

I agree with the comment that Version 1 is very solid - so far I haven't encountered any problems with the apps I run most often.

I tried rebooting both the iMAC and the VM - in my case, that action didn't solve the problem.

Thanks again.

jsqr

0 Kudos
TheLoneVM
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Logitech has released version 2.3.1 of the LCC application, can anyone verify that they are still seeing this issue with this version?

Also, please verify that you have correctly updated your version of Fusion to the 1.1 beta (Vmware-Fusion -> About Vmware Fusion) and also that the tools are up to date in the guest (right click the tools icon, Open VMware Tools -> About).

0 Kudos
synapco
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i have the updated 2.3.1 and fusion beta 1.1 and NO pop-up message occurs with any of my logitech devices. everything is up to date including tools. i have absolutely no issues with the updated control center.

0 Kudos
jsqr
Contributor
Contributor

Synapco, Lone VM:

Thanks for this new information. I have updated Logitech Control Center to 2.3.1 on my system. Running with version of Fusion beta 1.1 (w/current tools) and behavior seems to be normal now - no LCC popups, and no unexpected performance problems.

I appreciate your replies.

Jsqr

0 Kudos
abell
Contributor
Contributor

FWIW, in my case, it started to appear with Fusion 1.1 beta and LCC 2.3.1. MacMini 1.66 GHz, 1GB, Logitech Cordless Click! Optical Mouse; never seen it before...

Cheers,

A.

0 Kudos