VMware Communities
jumpman234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Login Loop on KAli

I have a MAC M1, when I try the correct credentials it just displays the login page. I need to open the terminal from the login page and login in from the terminal. How do I do this?

Apparently its a bug with kali and I am meant to launch the terminal from the login page. I have tried  (CTRL +ALT + T) (CTRL + ALT+ F3 to F8). still unable to open the terminal from the login page.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jumpman234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wow thanks the Fn key was. what I needed launch the terminal.

I am running  2023.1 ISO on the  VM's virtual disk, I think It had the login loop bug cos I couldn't login from the login page

https://cybertaleem.com/2022/08/kali-linux-stuck-on-login-screen-linux-login-loop-fixed.html

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I'm not seeing that on my Kali Linux aarch64 (ARM) installation that's running both the 2023.1 and 2023.2 releases with the default graphical environment (XFCE). I'm running this on macOS Ventura 13.4 with Fusion 13.0.2 on an M1 Mac mini.

What Kali version are you running? Did you install from an ISO to the VM's virtual disk, or are you running a live environment?

If you're trying to get to a console from the graphical login, the sequence on an Apple keyboard is CTRL-OPTION-FN-F3 through 6. The Apple keyboard OPTION key is the equivalent of ALT, and FN key is needed to transmit real F-keys to the VM instead of the Apple functions that are on the keys . 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
jumpman234
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Wow thanks the Fn key was. what I needed launch the terminal.

I am running  2023.1 ISO on the  VM's virtual disk, I think It had the login loop bug cos I couldn't login from the login page

https://cybertaleem.com/2022/08/kali-linux-stuck-on-login-screen-linux-login-loop-fixed.html

0 Kudos