VMware Communities
imlearning
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Locked in "Windows is Shutting Down"

Hi;

Fusion version 2.0.6. I had just installed Windows XP Home Edition updates and had selected the restart option. I was working on something on the Mac side and also needed to do a restart. I thought the Windows restart was completed but it wasn't. When I turned the computer back on, my Fusion is stuck in the Windows is Shutting down and i've tried shuting down and restarting the guest, sending a ctrl-alt-delete, but don't know what else to try and I googled it and didn't get an answer.

I really appreciate any help with this! Thanks very much!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Entegy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hold Alt down while clicking on the Virtual Machine option in the menubar (and keep Alt held until you've selected an option from the menu!). "Shut Down" should become "Force Shut Down".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Entegy
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hold Alt down while clicking on the Virtual Machine option in the menubar (and keep Alt held until you've selected an option from the menu!). "Shut Down" should become "Force Shut Down".

0 Kudos
imlearning
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I really appreciate your help. I'm back up and running!! I will definitely pass it on and help someone else!

0 Kudos