VMware Communities
vizzel
Contributor
Contributor

Lion, Fusion 3.1.3 and Library

Has anyone had permission problems with Fusion and Lion?

Without getting into too much detail, I started searching through the Console to find out if there was a cause for some odd behavior in several Mac applications I use.

I thought maybe I had permission or disk integrity issues on my brand new MacBook Pro running Lion.

Ran Verify Disk--and everything came up fine.

Ran Disk Utility (DU) repair premissions and got report of Library folder permission set to 80 when it should be 0.  DU repaired the permission problem--and thought that was the end of it.

Next time I rebooted and ran DU, same thing: Permissions were set to 80 when should be 0 for the Library folder.

Dug deeper in Console and found entries from Fusion that it had reset permissions from 0 to 80 during boot up.

Trashed my Fusion install, Fusion-related plists and folders, rebooted and ran DU repair permissions.  Report came up clean.

Re-installed Fusion, rebooted and ran DU.  Got the same 80-should-be-0 message.

I'm not an expert on permissions, but Fusion and Lion setting Library folder permissions to the opposite level seems... well, not good.

Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MacSheep
Contributor
Contributor

FWIW, I am seeing the same behaviour where Fusion 3.1.3 on Lion appears to change permissions on Library, Library/Application Support, Library/Contextual Menu Items, Library/Logs, and Library/Quicklook. All have the error that the Group is set to 80 drwxrwxr-x and it should be 0 dwxr-xr-x.

John

0 Kudos