VMware Communities
adiffmike
Contributor
Contributor

Linux Guest, thinks CTRL key is pressed

So right now I have an Ubuntu VM that thinks the CTRL key is always pressed. So every left mouse click is a right click, and a right click is my new left click.

Holding down the ctrl key makes everything work normally however.

Any ideas on how to get this fixed?  I restarted Fusion, also restarted the Linux VM but with no luck. I can't find a setting that would seem to make a difference as well.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Hi adiffmike,

Do you find any similar behavior on the host? (e.g. left clicking acts like a right click?) If you bring up the onscreen keyboard on the Mac, does it show the ctrl key as being pressed?

You can access the onscreen keyboard by clicking on the Apple > System Preferences > Language & Preferences > Input Sources > check Keyboard & Character Viewer. Then, in the new icon that appears on the top menu bar click Show Keyboard Viewer.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
adiffmike
Contributor
Contributor

So as much as it pains me to admit this I'm going to answer my own question in case it ever happens to someone else.

I reallly don't understand how this happened, I use a Mac Book Pro with a trackpad where this isn't even relevant, but in my Ubuntu VM I had the Mouse set to left handed.  Switching it back to right handed fixed my problem.

0 Kudos