VMware Communities
dandanfireman
Contributor
Contributor

Leopard + VMWARE = Sound out the built in speaker

When I have sound output in my VM, rather than coming out of my main speakers along with all my other system sounds, it plays out the dinky builtin speaker.

Further info:

Hardware - Mac PRO

VMWARE Fusion - 1.1rc1 61385

Mac OS - Leopard

0 Kudos
27 Replies
dangeroustype
Contributor
Contributor

This workaround worked for me for getting sound that came from the microphone to work, but now that I've installed the 1.1 update (and also possibly because of the 10.5.1 update), all I get is garbled sound from the microphone but ok sound playback.

0 Kudos
Candradasa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Just to say, I had to re-install Fusion for other reasons - and when I did and also re-installed Windows... And hey presto! the Windows sound on my MacPro works fine from the speakers I have connected! Smiley Happy And the updates haven't broken it... Just thought I'd add it to the mix!

0 Kudos
dosers
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there.

Looks like this BROKE again with the new 1.1.1 release.... Smiley Sad

Dan

0 Kudos
bosmacs
Contributor
Contributor

I'll second that - it's a problem for me as well on Leopard 10.5.1 with the latest 1.1.1 (72241) build. Is this a known issue?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

This is a known issue and the developers are working on it. I think we were just recently able to reproduce it in-house.

0 Kudos
bosmacs
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates or ETA on a fix for this regression?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

It's fixed internally, but as usual I can't comment on when it'll be available.

0 Kudos
Wes_W_
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Bump.

A fix on this would be welcome as we've put up with sound issue this for quite some time now.

0 Kudos