VMware Communities
sadlf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Leopard Server VM problems

I am running Leopard Server and I have found that there are some problems with it: There is no sound coming out of it, I am not allowed to scroll my mouse 360 degrees (mouse not detected), and (most importantly) I cannot drag & drop files between host and guest, so I am forced to resort to getting files to an external hard drive.. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix any of these problems? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

How do I set up a HGFS or network share?

HGFS is a Host-Guest FileSystem (as noted in ). To set it up, do the following:

• Enable (HGFS) Shared Folders, under Virtual Machine > Settings

• Add the folder(s) to be shared.

• Install Tools in the guest.

To set up a network share, follow the standard directions for the OS you're sharing from (for example, look in the host's System Preferences > Sharing).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I am running Leopard Server and I have found that there are some problems with it: There is no sound coming out of it, I am not allowed to scroll my mouse 360 degrees (mouse not detected), and (most importantly)

These two are normal and expected. We don't currently have an audio driver for OS X guests, and we don't currently support horizontal scrolling (vertical should work, though).

I cannot drag & drop files between host and guest, so I am forced to resort to getting files to an external hard drive

I'm not sure drag-and-drop is currently supposed to work. Another alternative would be a HGFS or network share.

sadlf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! Otherwise, Leopard is working great.

0 Kudos
sadlf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I cannot drag & drop files between host and guest, so I am forced to resort to getting files to an external hard drive

I'm not sure drag-and-drop is currently supposed to work. Another alternative would be a HGFS or network share.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

To set up a network share, follow the standard directions for the OS you're sharing from (for example, look in the host's System Preferences > Sharing).

0 Kudos
sadlf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

When I try to add a folder, it says the folder is nested and forces me to uncheck the box, even though I don't have any other enabled folders and even when all of the mirrored folders are in gray and unchecked.

0 Kudos
sadlf
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, network share works great!

0 Kudos