VMware Communities
lau_yw
Contributor
Contributor

Launch Mac application from Fusion (Windows XP or Vista)

Hello all, do you know how to launch Mac application from Fusion virtual PC. For example, I have a PC application launches PC version of Adobe Illustrator as image editor on Windows PC environment. But I want to tell this PC application to launch the Mac version of the Adobe Illustrator once I am in the Mac Fusion environment. This is very important task because most of the users already have a Mac version of Adobe Illustrator and they don't want to buy another PC version of Adobe Illustrator once they install Fusion on the Mac. I am wondering if there's any sample code that can do this kind of task.

Thanks for any help,

Joseph

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

At the present time Fusion does not support cross-platform file associations.

0 Kudos
lau_yw
Contributor
Contributor

WoodyZ, does Fusion support launching a Windows application by file accociation? Or, are there any ways that would allow a Windows application to start a Mac application, not by file association but by using API to explicitly start the Mac application and pass some kind of "command line" information.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

WoodyZ, does Fusion support launching a Windows application by file accociation? Or, are there any ways that would allow a Windows application to start a Mac application, not by file association but by using API to explicitly start the Mac application and pass some kind of "command line" information.

Not currently.

0 Kudos