VMware Communities
jonbauer
Contributor
Contributor

Latest Yosemite Public Beta, 10.10.4 killed VMWare Fusion 7.1.1

Hi All.

Anyone else having issues with the 10.10.4 Public Beta that Apple released yesterday and VMWare Fusion 7.1.1?

I get a spinning beach ball that never goes away when I run my Windows 7 VM. 😞

- Jon

0 Kudos
1 Reply
enjayaitch
Contributor
Contributor

Yup.  On 10.10.4, I'm getting spinning beach balls even just configuring the settings, having installed a brand new BootCamp VM, before even loading the machine.  It seems to be causing problems in Yosemite itself as well; other apps are stalling and stuttering (albeit nothing's crashed).

I run BootCamp directly from the partition.  In the past (even pre-Yosemite itself) I've had the issue where the VM just grinds to a snail's pace (takes 20 minutes just to log out with no apps running); I've found that deleting the bootcamp VM from the machine library and recreating it solves that issue.  This time it re-occurs much sooner; seems to happen if I let the Mac sleep for a long period with the VM running.

I know it's beta so caveat emptor but it's public beta so VMWare should be all over it.

I should add - I'm running on a mid-2011 iMac and using a second iMac (2009) as a second display via mini-displayport.

0 Kudos