VMware Communities
Doc69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Key mapping changed

I've been using Fusion for many years since version 1. Now on version 12, I'm suddenly having issues with the key mapping. It started when I upgraded to version 12, that Command-tab and the Windows key maps not working as before. But I got it to work most of the time even though sometimes when in the VM, the start meny would pop up or a window exiting the maximized size. But now since upgrading to 12.1.2, all the command+ shortcuts are no longer recognized in the VM. I've tried changing Keyboard & Mouse Profiles as well as playing around with different settings. But when copy/paste etc using the Mac command key, the WIn10 VM starts Cortana or the clipboard etc. Even though the profile says that Command+C is mapped to Ctrl-C. 

Also, when changing profile, as soon as I close the window and reopen it, the setting is back to 'Default' Profile. So changes doesn't seem to stick. And since I use command-tab all the time, I have set the Windows key on the WM to only respond to the right command key. But after a while it's back to opening the start menu every time I press the left command key (to do Command+Tab), even though the setting says only the right Command key.

I have uninstalled VMWare Tools and reinstalled them. No difference.

I use Command-tab all the time to switch between Mac apps, so it has to work regardless of if I'm in the VM or not. I then need the VM to respond to the same shortcuts as on te Mac, i.e. Command+C, Command+A etc.

I would appreciate if someone could help me. My workflow is completely trashed now. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies