VMware Communities
twentworth22
Contributor
Contributor

Just upgraded to my VM from XP to Vista and Fusion from 1.0 to 1.1b... no Unity

I recently upgraded my XP VM to Vista, running on Fusion 1.1b. I have the latest VMWare tools running and it appears to be running correctly.

I've noticed a few things:

When running in Single Window mode, when I resize the Fusion window, the resolution of the Vista VM is not changing. This used to work in XP.

When launching Unity, the main VM window disappears and none of my applications are present on the Mac desktop. Fusion seems to think I'm still running in Single Window since looking at the "View" menu, Single Window is still highlighted. Nothing happens when I select Unity from the View menu. The only way to get everything working correctly is to switch into Full Screen and then back into Single Window.

So, Single Window sort-of works but the desktop won't resize when I manually resize the Fusion window. Unity doesn't work at all. I'd guess there's a driver problem but I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling VMWare tools and everything appears to be running correctly.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
erichtn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm experiencing the same behavior with a Win XP Pro SP2 guest in Fusion 1.1.

Edit: Hmm...mine seems to be working now. twentworth22, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Tools? That appears to have done the trick for me.

Message was edited by: erichtn

0 Kudos