VMware Communities
celebi23
Contributor
Contributor

Just preordered VMware Fusion

Saw that it's going on sale on the 6th and decided to finally order VMware. Been using it for a couple of weeks and it's amazing. Much faster than Parallels. Not as much as a CPU hog. And Unity? Much cooler than Coherence. And the ability to see individual Windows apps in Exposé is the icing on the cake. All in all, definately worth my $40. My one suggestion? When moving around windows apps on the screen in Unity, it lags a bit and shows the Windows desktop pic where the app was last located on the screen. Other than that, amazing job Fusion team!!!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
SMB1
Expert
Expert

Where did you see it's going on sale on the 6th?

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Needless to say, I have been offline a lot and doing a lot of press briefings in the last few days.

More details as soon as I can discuss them in the forums, but let's just say I am really excited for Monday to arrive! Smiley Happy

Best,

Pat Lee

Senior Product Manager - Mac Products

VMware

0 Kudos
celebi23
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Pat. I hope that the the GM version has some fixes for Unity that I have been having lately.

0 Kudos
mbarnett
Contributor
Contributor

I just bought it too. The two most important missing features of Fusion that I would like to see added is the windows task bar at the bottom of the screen (like Parallels has) and the snapshot capability that the VMware Windows Desktop v5 has.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You can show the windows task bar via the unsupported unity.showTaskbar = "true"[/url] option (see link for where to put this line).

0 Kudos
Wally_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

Pat,

Are you able to clarify the features, functions and fixes that you've been able to implement in the upcoming v1.0?

Can you elaborate on any known issues that will still be in v1.0?

0 Kudos
mbarnett
Contributor
Contributor

Wow, thanks. I had searched the forums before and not found that solution. I'll give that a try tonight and see how it works. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Pat_Lee
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Are you able to clarify the features, functions and

fixes that you've been able to implement in the

upcoming v1.0?

Wally, VMware Fusion 1.0 RC1 was feature complete. So, there were no new added features between RC1 and GA. Our goal between RC1 and GA is to make sure the platform is as stable as possible and only fix critical issues and crashes.

So, we fixed a number of crashing bugs that were reported with RC1 and incorporated the final artwork.

Hope this helps.

Pat

0 Kudos