VMware Communities
soren0
Contributor
Contributor

Java Control panel issues

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 Professional under a Bootcamp partition and VMware Fusion version 3.1.3 and everything seems to work fine except when I try to open the Java Control Panel.

When I open it, the control panel doesn't display correctly, as you can see from the screenshot.

I tried repairing VMware Tools and tried reinstalling Java, both of which didn't fix the issue. I booted Windows 7 via Bootcamp and the Java Control Panel looked fine. I'm guessing it might be an issue with the VMWare Tools video drivers. I opened a few other windows, the Bootcamp control panel, system properities, etc and they look fine.

Could someone help me address this issues?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
robert_williams
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same sort of issues. Running vm workstation and running RDtabs to connect to the VM opening the java control panel and other java apps do not display properly. They run fine if I open the VM via workstation. Uninstalled the vmtools video fixed it. Look at this KB

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&e...

0 Kudos
TheLoneVM
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I remember this bug, there was somerthing weird about how the tabs were generated in the Java Control Panel window.  This should be fixed in Fusion 4.0, I just installed Version 6, update 27, and the control panel looks fine.

0 Kudos