VMware Communities
bzdura
Contributor
Contributor

It's a joke right? Cannot restore snapshots and even my machine after upgrade

So...its a joke from VMware ?

After upgrading from Fusion 11 to 12 Im unable to use my old snapshots because "this or that option is not supported, please turn of this and that" but I cannot do anything because to switch off these options I need to shutdown guest but I cannot shutdown guest because I cannot restore snapshot ?!?!?!?!?!

Really?!

Same situation with guest OS when suspended!

By mistake I push the suspend button and know im stuck because I cannot resume machine because 

VMware Fusion does not support virtualized performance counters on this host.

And to disable this option I need to shut down machine which cannot be done because I cannot even resume guest?!?!?!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

So your best option is to copy the VM off to a backup (not time machine) downgrade to Fusion 11, shut down the guest, remove any snapshots, disable that option in the VM preferences, then do the upgrade again.

FWIW, shutting down and removing snapshots is always recommended when upgrading Fusion or migrating to a new machine.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

In addition to what dlhotka says.

You can always power off a suspended VM by holding down the option key when using the "Shut Down" option from the virtual machine menu.

When you hold down the option key, the "Shut Down" option changes into "Power Off".
This means that your VM will behave like you pulled the power cord while it was still running.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos