VMware Communities
kn1564
Contributor
Contributor

Issues After Parallels to VMWare

I am having an odd issue. I was running parallels until I bought my new mac. On this I installed Parallels then uninstalled it to install Fusion 3. it works great except for 1 thing. the Icons from my Windows Apps that are on my mac desktop still think they are parallels. I have done a repair permissions, I have done an uninstall/reinstall, I have tried to change the app that it opens with.. nothing works. does anyone have any input?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

If you're having an issue with something that Parallels did don't you think you should be looking to Parallels for support since this obviously has nothing to do with VMware? Smiley Wink

Well if Parallels was still installed I'd say go into the Virtual Machine Configuration and then under Shared Applications uncheck the Share Windows applications with Mac OS X check box and then in Finder ctrl-click the <Virtual Machine Name>.pvm and select Show Package Contents and delete the Windows Applications folder that is inside the .pvm however you could just try deleting the Windows Applications folder that is inside each .pvm and then in a Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal) execute the following command:

killall Finder

0 Kudos