VMware Communities
DaveP
Commander
Commander

Issue with release note 12.1.1

The latest update to 12.1.1 has the following release notes displayed. I guess not going back to version 3!

DaveP_0-1617293706063.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi Dave,

LOL, confirmed.

Erm, @Mikero I think you want to fix this 😄

FWIW, the correct release notes are here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Fusion/12.1.1/rn/VMware-Fusion-1211-Release-Notes.html

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks to you both.

We're aware, working on it presently.

It was a weird mismatch on our update servers, the binaries are all correct it's just the update text body that defaulted to what is essentially the oldest version we had in the database.

Should be sorted out shortly.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
m0leX
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello @Mikero , what about missing icon in dock after update installation?

Same happened when I've uninstalled and installed Fusion again.

0 Kudos
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can't say I've ever seen that issue, and it hasn't happened on any of my test systems I am using to check this update with. 

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

M0leX,

I've seen this type of thing happening when uninstalling an app pinned to dock (keep in dock).

Then upon re-install the icon still pointing to an old location not used by the new install.
Even if you install the app on the same spot in the applications folder, it might still physically be another location.
One possible reason for that might be app translocation by gatekeeper where the actual folder is different from what it shows in Finder.

Removing the "keep in dock" option and setting it again resolved these issues for me.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks Mike,

The issue is resolved. (see below)

wila_0-1617312704556.png

It still does look a tad weird on a dark theme, but that's a very minor issue.

--
Wil

0 Kudos