VMware Communities
jabblewokee
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to still buy Fusion 8.5?? (I have an older mac)

I have a mac that isn't supported in version 10, but can't seem to find any legal (which is important) way of obtaining a version of Fusion 8.  Are there any ways to still purchase it?

5 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

AFAIK you can downgrade your license after buying. At least that was possible in the past.

However I suggest you to contact sales before doing so.

Please go to: Fusion Support and open a ticket at File a Support Request

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
Mikero
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wil is right.

Even better tho, a Fusion 10 key "just works" in the latest Fusion 8, so you don't even need to go to the MyVMware portal.

-
Michael Roy - Product Marketing Engineer: VCF
jabblewokee
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for that informaiton and for the direct links!  I submitted a ticket.

0 Kudos
jabblewokee
Contributor
Contributor

Apologies if I misunderstood, but are you saying to buy a version 10 license, but download the previous version and toss the license there?  If so, that would make sense, and thank you for that.

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Not sure understand your verbage of the word "toss", but yes Mike is saying that you can buy the Fusion 10 license and use it with Fusion 8, or to put it in another way, the Fusion 10 license is downwards compatible with Fusion 8.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos