VMware Communities
c6ten
Contributor
Contributor

Irrecoverable error VMware Fusion 12.2.4 tools for Windows

I have no idea how to debug this but I have a fairly normal Java FX app (JDK 17.0.4 FX 18.0.1) that causes an irrecoverable error in Windows which just dies with screen corruption and eventually logs me out and has to be rebooted. So I'm guessing SVGA driver, I have 3D acceleration enabled, my (Intel) mac is Monterey 12.5 and is getting a little long in the tooth. I am on the point of giving up on running VMs there have been too many problems, Bluetooth issues, mouse pointer issues, the TPM issue, I am not even interested in the tech preview because of these problems.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
albatros99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have no problem with the new fusion version 12.2.4, also with mac osx ventura 13.0

What do you mean with "tools for Windows?"

I have many os under fusion:

- windows 7 32 bit

- windows 10 64 bit

- windows 11 64 bit

- Sles 15 64 bit

- OES2018.3 64 bit

and others 

0 Kudos
c6ten
Contributor
Contributor

I can make problem disappear by disabling 3D graphics acceleration. VMware Tools is a package of libraries that run in the guest OS that provide platform features like network adapters, virtualized storage and crucially in Windows graphics drivers. So when I say VMWare tools is affected that is what happens.

The TPM issue was a dreadful experience removing the TPM from an encrypted machine after finding that I didn't need Windows 11 anyway. My Bluetooth adapter still switches to phone mode in the host OS when Windows is running, my Airpods disconnect and I have to wait until I have finished with my work in Windows. The ghosting mouse pointer seems to have been fixed but was driving me crazy all last year.

0 Kudos
c6ten
Contributor
Contributor

What a useless response, you don't run Java FX do you?

0 Kudos