VMware Communities
Sebster74
Contributor
Contributor

Internal Error - Fusion 8 Mac

Hello,

Ive done some digging and have tried the using first aid/restarting but I still get the Internal Error issue everytime I try to load Fusion 8. On top of this Im unable to import my Windows into another system as it says it is suspended. As I cant load up VMware im unable to force it stop, as ive seen suggested elsewhere.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get around the internal issue, or the suspended issue so I can import it elsewhere?

It had been fine, but have just loaded it up after not using it for a while and am now having these issues.

Thank you for any help.

Seb

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

MacOS version?

Mac hardware?

Tried a later version of Fusion? (v12 is available as a Player version, free for non-commercial use)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Sebster74
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Scott,

On BigSur 11.4, 2017 MacBook Pro.

Just trying to track down v12 player version now.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Big Sur = you MUST use Fusion 12

No previous versions of Fusion can power on ANY VM on Big Sur, due to changes to the OS made by Apple.

Choose between 12 Player and 12 Pro, but you will need one of them.

https://www.vmware.com/products/fusion.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Sebster74
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your help on this.

Ive download Fusion 12 player and its working well.

0 Kudos