VMware Communities
p4sven
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installing Yosemite Beta in VMWare Fusion

Hi,

I was trying to install the new Yosemite Beta in VMWare Fusion 6.0 but I came across a problem with the keyboard.

Although the mouse works just fine the keyboard refuses to respond, which stops me supplying my user credentials in the installation process. I have tried my built-in keyboard as well as USB keyboards (this is a MacBook Pro), but it makes no difference.

Has anyone else come across this problem or would know how to solve this issue?

Cheers

Sven Erik

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The Yosemite Beta is not officially supported under VMWare Fusion 6.  Have a look at: VMware Fusion Technology Preview 2014

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The Yosemite Beta is not officially supported under VMWare Fusion 6.  Have a look at: VMware Fusion Technology Preview 2014

0 Kudos
meinrosebud
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

WoodyZ right VMQare Fusion Technology Preview 2014 works.

p4sven
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Full marks 🙂 Fusion Preview works just fine.

For extra credit: can I get the VMWare Tools to run on Yosemite or is it still too early for that? The installation hangs when trying to write the files.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

This is a known issue and the workaround is to manually attach the "/Applications/VMware Fusion Tech Preview.app/Contents/Library/isoimages/darwin.iso" ISO Image file to the VM's CD/DVD via its Settings.  Once attached and connected then from the Guest's Desktop drag and drop the "/Volumes/VMware Tools/Install VMware Tools.app" bundle onto the Desktop and then double-click it to install.

Also note that there is another bug in VMware Tools under OS X 10.10 in that if installed on a clean build of OS X 10.10, not and upgrade form OS X 10.9, the only Resolution available is 1024x768.  This has been fixed internally and will be working in the GA release of VMware Fusion 7.

0 Kudos