VMware Communities
jadjenki
Contributor
Contributor

Installing Windows 11 on fusion 12

Hello,

I am trying to install Windows 11 iso on Fusion 12.2 player but I keep getting an error from Windows installer saying:

jadjenki_0-1638387566056.png

I have configured the Player to Windows 11 minimum requirement :

Processor1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC).
RAM4 gigabyte (GB).
Storage64 GB or larger storage device Note: See below under “More information on storage space to keep Windows 11 up-to-date” for more details.
System firmwareUEFI, Secure Boot capable. Check here for information on how your PC might be able to meet this requirement.
TPMTrusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0. Check here for instructions on how your PC might be enabled to meet this requirement.
Graphics cardCompatible with DirectX 12 or later with WDDM 2.0 driver.
DisplayHigh definition (720p) display that is greater than 9” diagonally, 8 bits per color channel.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A moderator should be along to move your thread to the area for Fusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Wanted to say something about my crystal ball and that it's borken, but I guess that doesn't help.

Could you please try to locate the vmware.log file in your virtual machine's bundle and attach it here to a reply. Someone down here might be able to locate why you are bumping into this.

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
jadjenki
Contributor
Contributor

vmware.log

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Which Windows 11 edition are you trying to install?

For Windows 11 Home, while you need a minimum of 2 cores, those cores have to be on the same CPU socket. IIRC, Fusion presents each core as being on its own socket. That would cause the check to fail.

Perhaps  https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/Upgrading-to-Windows-11-Home-cores/m-p/2... applies?

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
jadjenki
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I attempted to install Home. I will download PRO now and try

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Try the workaround of adding thes to your VMs .vmx file and see it it works for you  

cpuid.coresPerSocket = "4"

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
jadjenki
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the error when I do this

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 5.00.55 PM.png

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Sounds like that line was already in the file. Remove the duplicate and make sure the value is set how you want it. (e.g if you have 2 vCPUs configured, the value of that variable should be 2).

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
ibisiki
Contributor
Contributor

there's a KB article for this by now: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/86207

0 Kudos