VMware Communities
Tnag3
Contributor
Contributor

Installing Office Application into Windows VM

I'm a newbie to VMs. I have a iMAC with 2GB of ram and fast enough for Fusion, which I have installed. I have the windows home edition working, but it isn't clear to me how to actually install office onto the VM. I'm trying to use the MAC as a windows device for work and I need these apps. When I put the disk in the superdrive, it sees it, but when I click on the set up application on the disk, I get an error. [THE APPLICATION FAILED TO INITIALIZE PROPERLY (0XC0000005). CLICK ON OK TO TERMINATE APPLICATION.

I've no doubt that this is something that I'm missing on the application, but as I'm not familar with how they work, it isn't jumping out at me. Any help is appreciated.

BTW, I got to the CD with Office on it via the run command under the start button. I browsed the CD and found the SETUP executable.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MPM01
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You need to have the windows version of office Application software to install in the VM.

0 Kudos
Tnag3
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, that is the one thing that I do understand. I have two versions of the office application that runs on windows. I have office basic edition 2003 and I plan to put Powerpoint on as well. The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure of the steps to actually install it into windows. As I mentioned earlier, I try to do what I normally would to install a program on windows and I got the message outlined below.

0 Kudos