VMware Communities
VM1009
Contributor
Contributor

Installing Fusion 13 Pro on Mac IOS Ventura

I have installed Fusion 13 Pro on my new Mac, I have IOS Ventura 13.0.1 installedI, I tried to install Windows 10 Pro, 32 bit and 64 bit and in both I get this text, ""This virtual machine cannot be powered on because it requires the X86 machine architecture, which is incompatible with this Arm machine architecture host."", Can someone help me please?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your post needs moving to the area for Fusion, so I have reported it to the moderators.

Fusion on an Intel Mac can run x86-based OSes, on an M1 or M2 Mac Fusion can only run ARM-based OSes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I'm afraid that this will not work.
VMware Fusion is a Hypervisor, not an emulator. Thus, operating system which do not support the host's physical CPU will not work.

André

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

To extend the comments, you will need to create a new, Windows 11 ARM virtual machine.  Windows 10 isn't supported on ARM, and you can't run intel VM's on an ARM chip (that's like running gasoline in a diesel engine).

Technogeezer has a great guide on how to do that pinned in the tech preview forum.  

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

You no longer have to go to the Tech Preview forum. I just revised the document for Fusion 13 on Apple Silicon and placed it in the mainstream VMware Fusion Documents part of this forum.

The announcement for the brand spanking new Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion can be found here: https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Fusion-Discussions/Announcing-The-Unofficial-Fusion-13-for-...

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Great work!

0 Kudos