VMware Communities
Germac9
Contributor
Contributor

Installer indicates it does not recognize developer and work around "Control - Open" does not work.

Does any one have the problem? I downloaded Fusion 8. I opened the DMG file got the installer window. I could not get past the "not a recognized developer"  error msg.

Any clues on how to fix this? I don't really need this version and guess I could skip it, but it would be nice to split screens.

Anyway, spent two hours trying to fix what should not be an error. That's enough.

Garrett

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dariusd
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Germac9, and welcome to the VMware Communities!

What you are seeing is not normal behavior. Which version of OS X are you running on your host?  Have you installed all the latest OS X updates for that version?

Cheers,

--

Darius

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

To me it sounds like the downloaded dmg file is corrupted or changed.

From where did you download the file?
http://www.vmware.com/go/tryfusion

should give you a good copy.

Have you verified the md5sum / sha1sum?

--
Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Germac9
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your help. It did not work, but gave me the next step.The installation opened to the

serial number page.

It indicates that I do not have a valid serial number, however my account information is

clearly current and the license is valid.

I am not sure what to make of this and it seems very troubling to me for such a simple task.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

I agree that it does not make a lot of sense and it certainly is not what most people see.

As I am not a VMware employee so cannot verify any licensing details, please open a ticket with VMware support at File a Support Request

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos