VMware Communities
Monomeeth
Contributor
Contributor

Installed Windows 7 Pro on Fusion 7 Trial and can't log in!!!

Ok, just downloaded the Trial Version of Fusion 7. It installed fine and then I installed Windows 7 Professional edition.

All seemed okay until Windows launched for the first time and asked me to log in to my account. The thing is, I never set a password to log into Windows, but nothing I try works. I've tried entering nothing and I've tried entering the password I use for Mac OS X (just in case), but nothing. I just get the Windows "The username or password is incorrect message". And I can't reset the password, so now what?

Not a good introduction to Fusion.

Smiley Sad

Joe.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

that's unusual. If you installed Windows using Fusion's Easy Install option, you should have been prompted to enter a password as well as a product key. If you installed Windows manually, it's not different from installing it on real hardware and the installer should have asked you to enter a password. Can you confirm that you used a genuine/original installation image, i.e. not a customized image which set the password to a predefined value?

André

0 Kudos
Monomeeth
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andre

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it was a genuine copy. In the end I gave up and reinstalled Windows and all was good the second time. I have no idea what happened the first time around.

Anyway, I'm now testing Fusion to see how well it'll suit my needs. Thanks again for your help.

Joe.

0 Kudos