newmacdriver
Contributor
Contributor

Installation Problem

Hi guys,

I need your help by confirming what i am doing during installation of

fusion software is right or not , so please tell me where am i wrong

and please give me directions.

I have Mac leopard 10.5 , i just dowloaded trial version of Fusion and i have the key.

I installed Fusion software.

In my mac i created a boot camp partion.( by clicking it to the bootcamp button into the mac)

How shall i proceed now , when ever i click fusion it give me screen

without showing me boot camp partition on the screen, which i should

get it.

after i run fusion software and enter all wht it ask i am getting operating system not found.

how to go ahead with the fusion tools ?

Can you please solve my problem, i will really appreciate ur help.

Thanks;

0 Kudos
9 Replies
MandarMS
Expert
Expert

One quick Question: Which Windows OS you have installed in Boot camp Partition?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

In my mac i created a boot camp partion.( by clicking it to the bootcamp button into the mac)

How shall i proceed now , when ever i click fusion it give me screen

without showing me boot camp partition on the screen, which i should

get it.

after i run fusion software and enter all wht it ask i am getting operating system not found. ...

If you want to run the Boot Camp partition as a Virtual Machine then you have to install the Windows OS on the Boot Camp partition first and this has nothing to do with Fusion. After you use Apple's Boot Camp Assistant to install a supported Windows OS on the Boot Camp partition you can then also run it as a Virtual Machine using Fusion.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

FYI, I deleted the duplicates of this thread.

0 Kudos
newmacdriver
Contributor
Contributor

Hi woodyz,

I have installed Windows Xp into the bootcamp partition , then when i am trying to upgrade it to service pack-2 it says not enough space.

any inputs ?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I have installed Windows Xp into the bootcamp partition , then when i am trying to upgrade it to service pack-2 it says not enough space.

How big is your Boot Camp partition? How much space is being used?

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

I have installed Windows Xp into the bootcamp partition , then when i am trying to upgrade it to service pack-2 it says not enough space. any inputs ?

Apple does not support installing an non-SP2 Windows XP on a Boot Camp partition. So you may have a problem with trying to install Service Pack 2 although I can't confirm that as I would not have installed anything less to begin with. Sorry!

You may have to create a Slipstreamed Windows XP SP2 ISO Image then burn it to CD and then install from that although you'll need to do the slipstreaming on a Windows System first.

From the "Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide"...

"Important: You must use a single full-install Windows installation disc (Service Pack 2 is required for Windows XP installations). Do not install an earlier version of Windows XP and attempt to update it later to SP2. Use only 32-bit versions of Windows."

0 Kudos
newmacdriver
Contributor
Contributor

Boot camp partition is of 6 GB which by default it took it, now i am in windows and when i restart my MAC i am geting XP on system startup.

Now when i try to install mac driver , it says u need to upgrade ur windows installer , so when i run service pack-2 , it runs till last than it prompts a message " less space to install XP-pack-2 free some space" to install it.

So untill i install complete upgrade of service pack, i cannot install drivers from MAC disc 1 for windows Xp, so i am stucked up here...

also let me know how can i boot into MAC ?

I need your directions please.

thanks;

0 Kudos
newmacdriver
Contributor
Contributor

boot camp partition is of 6 GB out of which it shows 2.5 GB free.

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

The easiest way to free up some disk space in an attempt to get SP2 installed is to turn off Hibernation (if it's on) and or System Restore (on by default) in Windows.

To get back to OS X shutdown Windows then press the Power button and press and hold the Option Key and you should get a choice of what to boot.

0 Kudos