VMware Communities
PaxDriver
Contributor
Contributor

Install Apps and devices

Hello All, I have 2 questions re; installing programs and a printer on Win 7 on my IMac. Is it correct to assume that if I want to install a Win program I would do so from the Windows desktop? Also, I installed an HP Laser printer yesterday on the Mac and Windows sees the printer and will print my Quickbooks forms but only to a point, E.G… when I print a sales order and set for two copies the printer will only kick out one. I’ve adjusted the settings but still will only print one sheet. So, would it be okay to install another printer in the Windows environment and (possibly) resolve this problem?

Lastly, how do I access the virtual machine settings menu? In reading the instructions at tech support it says to click on the Apple toolbar and then go to VM settings. Problem is; there is no virtual machine link in the Apple toolbar. Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gregg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Is it correct to assume that if I want to install a Win program I would do so from the Windows desktop?

Installing a program in a Windows Virtual Machine is basically no different then being done on a Physical Machine running Windows, so act accordingly.

So, would it be okay to install another printer in the Windows environment and (possibly) resolve this problem?

What the printer you installed connected by USB, if yes you can also connect it to the Virtual Machine and install and use it directly from the Virtual Machine when need.  Just toggle the connected state of the target USB Device from the Virtual Machine Settings or USB icon on the Status Bar/Toolbar (depending on which version of VMware Fusion you're using).

Lastly, how do I access the virtual machine settings menu? In reading the instructions at tech support it says to click on the Apple toolbar and then go to VM settings. Problem is; there is no virtual machine link in the Apple toolbar.

VMware Fusion (menu bar) > Virtual Machine > Settings...

0 Kudos
PaxDriver
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks WoodyZ! My wife and I really like our new IMac but it's been a steep learning curve in helping her to transition her business from the WIN PC to the Mac. Off to DFW now. Happy Holidays!

gregg

0 Kudos