VMware Communities
jasimon9
Contributor
Contributor

Incompatible: TortoiseSVN and VMWare

I have found an incompatibility between VMWare Fusion (Windows guest) with TortoiseSVN. TortoiseSVN is a windows client that is an interface to Subversion ISVN).

In my current setup, I have the working copy files on the host files sytem, and am trying to update and commit from within the Windows Guest. The problem is that everytime I try to commit, numerous files get made read-only during the first part of the operation (this is not supposed to happen) and then the commit fails because of the read-only files.

I have done this many, many times now, and the problem seems to occur on a random subset of the SVN files. Although it should not be necessary to say this, I am sure that many responders to this thread will be wondering: no, not in 3 years of daily use has this problem ever occurred in the native Windows environment.

For my next step, I am going to try moving the working copy files back into the VM.

Has anyone else seem this problem?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jasimon9
Contributor
Contributor

I have found a solution, documented in another discussion thread titled "Re: Browsers have suddenly stopped working ... well, pages loads of 5 minutes and longer!'

In my last post to that discussion, I go over the solution which works, even though the problem is of a different nature.

Specifically, by placing the working copy files into the guest file system, the problem does not occur.

0 Kudos