VMware Communities
ttabi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Imported VM from Parallels, now I get "The BusLogic SCSI adapter is not supported for 64-bit guests."

I have a Fedora 16 64-bit VM that I use in Parallels Desktop.  When I first installed VMWare Fusion 5, I was given the opportunity to import that VM.  I did that, but when I boot, the VM hangs.  I went into the VM configuration in VMWare and fixed a few things that the import missed.  Now I when I boot the VM, I get this dialog box:

The BusLogic SCSI adapter is not supported for 64-bit guests.

I searched the web and this forum, and I can't find any information on fixing this problem.

0 Kudos
21 Replies
ttabi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Looking at the Fedora 16.vmx file from the support bundle those changes are not there!

Maybe I'm imagining things, but I see them right there:

ide0:0.present = "TRUE"
ide0:0.fileName = "Fedora 16-0.vmdk"
scsi0:0.present = "FALSE"

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

ttabi wrote:

Looking at the Fedora 16.vmx file from the support bundle those changes are not there!

Maybe I'm imagining things, but I see them right there:

ide0:0.present = "TRUE"
ide0:0.fileName = "Fedora 16-0.vmdk"
scsi0:0.present = "FALSE"

The attached file Comparison.htm.zip contains an html export of the spread sheet in which I copied and pasted the contents of the Fedora 16.vmx from vm-11-23-12.9326.tgz support bundle and what you pasted in http://communities.vmware.com/message/2152524#2152524 and was sorted ascending order for easier compassion.  My earlier comments referencing this stand as is and are correct!  Additionally there is no "ide" anything in the Fedora 16.vmx from vm-11-23-12.9326.tgz support bundle!

Since you have already created a new Virtual Machine then as far as I'm concerned I have no time to offer additional support to this issue.

0 Kudos