VMware Communities
aceuk
Contributor
Contributor

IS THIS POSSIBLE

If I had 3 VM's - say Win 98 , XP ,  Win7

Could I have 3 shortcut icons on the desktop that would launch whatever one I wanted without having to go into Fusions 7pro to do it.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

I think so - if you have links to the VMX files clicking on them should launch Fusion and launch the VM

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos
aceuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply

I hope to try it out over the weekend

0 Kudos
EstebanVassit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi weinstein5,

I know this is not the right place, I apologize for that.

Allow me a question,

Currently, I need to expand to 2 CPU my ESXi 5.5 server to install more RAM, but I'm  ot sure if I can install a second CPU with my current license (see pic) I read in this forum That the phrase "Licensed for 1 physical CPU" not Refers to the maximum number of CPUs That can be installed, just the number of CPUs That are already installed.

Is that true? I need a second free license?  I'm a bit desperate.  ;(

Thanks

licensed.png

0 Kudos
weinstein5
Immortal
Immortal

Yes you would need a new Free license - the best way would be to create a new free license - and instead just setting to the number cpu you machine will have set the cpu count to the maximum that the free license allows which I believe is 8 that way if you need to move it to a larger machined you will not have to relicense -

If you find this or any other answer useful please consider awarding points by marking the answer correct or helpful
0 Kudos