VMware Communities
Pressgang
Contributor
Contributor

INSTALLING SNOW LEOPARD

I recently purchased a new MacBook Pro which is running MAVERICK.

I want to be able to install SNOW LEOPARD as a virtual machine but the computer will not allow it.

I understood that VMWARE FUSION would allow me to do this.

Can anyone help with a solution. I am using the TRIAL DOWNLOAD at the moment.

Apple have not been able to solve this problem.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Are you trying to install Snow Leopard (Client) or Snow Leopard Server?

Apple nor VMware support virtualizing Snow Leopard (Client) as it is not permitted by its SLA and therefore no help with virtualizing that version may be given as it would violate the VMware Community Terms of Use to do so.

If it's Snow Leopard Server, it needs to be a Retail copy not one that shipped with Apple hardware.  Also you may need to create an ISO Image of the Optical Disc and install from the Image.

0 Kudos
Pressgang
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to install from a copy of SL that I purchased from Apple. Not a Server copy.

I have previously managed to install it on my old Macbook running Lion using a separate partition.:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
WoodyZ
Immortal
Immortal

Pressgang wrote: I am trying to install from a copy of SL that I purchased from Apple. Not a Server copy.

Apple nor VMware support virtualizing Snow Leopard (Client) as it is not permitted by its SLA and therefore no help with virtualizing that version may be given as it would violate the VMware Community Terms of Use to do so.

0 Kudos
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

You can purchase a copy of 10.6 Server from Apple for around $20.  Just call their 800 number, and then it'll install just fine.

0 Kudos