VMware Communities
bakr
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to use Command+OPTION+F instead of Command+CONTROL+F for toggling VMware Fusion fullscreen

As Command+Option+F is now the convention for toggling fullscreen in a variety of Mac applications, I would like to use this hotkey for VMware Fusion as well. Does anyone know how to configure this?

I poked around in my keyboard settings, VM profiles, but it seems that VMware Fusion does not allow customization of the fullscreen toggle hotkey.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
koi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My wild guess is this isn't possible exactly as you've described. While Fusion lets you customize some shortcuts, I believe this is only for what gets forwarded to the guest, not what Fusion itself uses.

Normally you can override application shortcuts in System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts, but a quick test showed that this doesn't quite work. Fusion uses two different menu items for entering and exiting fullscreen (since it's actually a tristate, as you can also go to Unity); you can't map the same keyboard shortcut to two different menu items. You can, however, map Command-Option-F to Full Screen and something else (say Command-Option-Shift-F) to Single Widow. I just tried that and it worked for me.

0 Kudos