VMware Communities
David_Munoz
Contributor
Contributor

I need some help with the sound system in Vista Business 32 bits

Hi

I am trying to set up my windows vista business virtual machine, and the sound system doesn't work.

I followed the instructions provided in the startup guide, but, at the end of the windows update search I got this message:

VMware VMaudio (VMAUDIO) (WDM)

Driver is not intended for this platform

I have a MacBook.

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheLoneVM
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Were you ever able to get this working? I just finished installing Vista Business Edition on my MacPro, and I was able to install the optional audio driver update Creative Technology Ltd. - media - Creative AudioPCI (ES1317, ES1373) (WDM). Audio works like a champ over here.

0 Kudos
Mac2000
Contributor
Contributor

I had a problem getting the sound to work when I installed Vista Ultimate 32bits on the new Intel Minis. From the research I did the VM driver is not the driver that is used in the Vista 32 bit system. It is a driver that Windows update installs. Are you sure you follwed the directions in the VM startup quide after setting up and installing Windows in your virtual machine.

After my research I found that I had the right driver in Windows, but the sound preference panel in the Mac OS 10.4.10 was buggy and I had to click back and forth on different speakers and headsets in the preference panel for the sound to work.

Now, everything is working.

0 Kudos