VMware Communities
ArchAG
Contributor
Contributor

I'm trying to install Windows X64 in VMFusion, get errors PXE-E53: No boot filename received and PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM,Operating System not found.

I just bought this iMac a few weeks ago, am trying to install a Windows OS. The universtiy I work for has a campus agreement with Microsoft, so I get the X64 OS free as a download. I downloaded onto my PC, saved to a CD, and am trying to use that to install into VMFusion. The disk seems to have lots of good files, but I don't know how to start it up with VMFusion, other than suing the simple instructions in the manual. Apparently the Windows Easy Install is looking for something not on the CD.... Any suggestions?

I found the problem, The installation files are ina subdirectory on the CD. I picked the "Use operationg system installation disc image file" and successfully initiated the install by pointing to that subdirectory on the CD.

:smileyblush:

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
rcardona2k
Immortal
Immortal

The error above means the virtual machine didn't find a bootable source (floppy, cd disc, hard disk or the last resort network (PXE)). If you click in the VM window during POST and quickly type Esc, you will get a boot menu if you choose CD-ROM and it stlll does not boot from CD, then you don't have a bootable download. Compare your image checksum value to make sure it's a valid download.

Or you might go visit your University's computation center and get a physical CD that you can install off of or then rip into a bootable image.

0 Kudos