VMware Communities
Stevamundo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have a serial number problem all of a sudden

It does this every time I start up my Fusion application.

Also I've already trashed my Fusion's preferences file and start back up the application again. Unfortunately I still got the serial number warning dialog box.

Steve Harper-Webmaster: http://madentec.com/intro/ Get the latest and greatest in assistive technology.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This means you are currently running a beta serial number. The beta is over and the product is now available to purchase.

If you have pre-ordered or recently purchased, please make sure you are running the new serial number you received.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This means you are currently running a beta serial number. The beta is over and the product is now available to purchase.

If you have pre-ordered or recently purchased, please make sure you are running the new serial number you received.

0 Kudos
RicardoC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am getting the same message and I am using the serial number that I was provided with at purchase. I have tried re-entering it but still get the message...?

0 Kudos
Stevamundo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm so embarrassed! I thought I already had my correct serial number in. However no I didn't.

Thank you.

Steve Harper-Webmaster: http://madentec.com/intro/ Get the latest and greatest in assistive technology.
0 Kudos
RicardoC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Mine is the serial number I recieved in this email...

Thank you for your order.

Order date: 08/03/2007

vmware@xxxxxxx.co.uk, Rxxxxxx Sxxxxxx

Here are your serial number(s) for Order# 1xxxxxx:

Serial Numbers for VMware Fusion 1.0 (for Mac OS X):

Axxxx-5xxxx-Exxxx-2xxxx

& I still get the message?

Your pre-sale purchase of VMware Fusion provided you with a significant discount off the VMware Fusion suggested retail price.

0 Kudos
rlewis11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I am having this same problem but I have gone to the vmware site and retrieved my serial number to make sure it was the correct one. It takes the number and says quit the app to have it go into affect. This does not work... I still get the message. Help?

\** Please do not reply to this email **

Dear Robert *****,

Thank you for your order.

Order date: 08/05/2007

****@gmail.com, John Bosco Concepts

Here are your serial number(s) for Order# 1454973:

Serial Numbers for VMware Fusion 1.0 (for Mac OS X):

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can you guys confirm that you are running the latest build? Also, once you have restarted the app, does it show the correct serial number or is it showing the old one?

0 Kudos
bcarney
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

-

Message was edited by:

bcarney

0 Kudos
rlewis11
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks... that did the trick. Downloaded the latest build and installed. It did have the correct serial number - but works now. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Harliv
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Great! Glad to hear thats resolved.

0 Kudos
RicardoC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yup, update to latest build worked - thanks.

0 Kudos