VMware Communities
deniseh
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot connect to the internet or to a printer

I originally installed Fusion 1.0 and created a Windows XP virtural machine. I was able to connect to the internet and access folders on the Mac.

I recently upgraded to Fusion 1.1. About the same time, I changed from a DSL internet connection to Satellite. I now cannot access the internet. I don't know is the problem in with the satellite or settings on the Mac or PC-vm. The satellite connection requires a HTTP proxy. I currently have a MacPro, G4 and Brother printer connected to the satellite via a Belkin router. I have tried connecting the satellite directly to the MacPro that has the VM on it and nothing I have tried has helped.

I have read many threads and tried all the suggestions. I have changed the network settings from NAT to Bridged, released/renewed the ipconfig and back again. I have reinstalled the update. I have rebooted the VM. I have put the proxy information on the PC-vm. I have changed the sharing settings on both the Mac and the PC-vm. In the device manager under the Network adapters is "VMware Accelerated AMD PCNet Adapter". This seems to have been installed by Fusion but I can't find any documentation on it. I don't know if there are setting changes that would help. When I try to use Firefox it says "the proxy server is refusing connections". When I try to ping the satellite modem IP or the Mac IP, is says "Destination host unreachable".

I have never been able to connect to a printer. I took the "class" on installing a virtual printer and none of the options worked. There is a printer on the XP guest is that appears to have been installed by VMware (I lost the original name). It uses "TPVM: ThinPrint Print Port for VMware" for the port. I can't find any documentation on this or figure out how to use it.

The Windows XP virtual machine is on a MacPro running OS10.4.10 I've run out of ideas, this has gone on for more than a week. Please help! denise

0 Kudos
0 Replies